So, a callus has formed, but as we know the most important and effective way to deal with a callus is to deal with its cause and not just the extra thick skin that manifests because of the cause. But, many people unaware of this go after the thick dead skin alone and it just keeps coming back. But, how do you take care of this cause? Metatarsal pads
Any callus that forms is because of constant friction and pressure that is present in that area. And this constant pressure and friction have to be removed to ensure that the callus does not recur again in the same area. So how can this be done?
The answer: a barrier, in this case, a pad. Any callus that arises in the ball of the foot can be taken care of by placing a pressure dampening partition over there, but you just roll up a piece of cotton and tie it up to your foot. Why not?
The dampening factor has to be there at the same time it must be able to mimic the normality of the foot and not be too much of a block at that area. The balance has to be just right. And, hence a product was manufactured….
…the Metatarsal pads and cushions, which are a part of orthotics.
What is it?
Metatarsal pads and cushions are basically cushions made of a semi-solid gel-like material that has been designed to distribute pressure evenly throughout your foot and not let it concentrate on a particular area, the callus, on your foot.
The gel cushions are stretchable so that it does not feel like too much of a block and does not aggravate the condition instead of curing it.
How it works?
This is no rocket science technology that works here, in fact, the concept behind this is quite simple.
A constant friction produces the callus, and so the way to get out of it is to minimise that friction and force as much as possible. And this is to be done in a way that can sync with your daily activities, especially walking and running and not feel too weird at the same time.
- Comes with 2 forefoot gels so you’ve got both your feet covered.
- Eliminates pressure points and full foot coverage.
- The pain filled steps that you take are instantly soothed.
- Being made out of stretchable material it accommodates most sizes.
- Toe loop and bottom Ridges provided for grip so that they don’t easily slip out of the foot.
- Long life. Washable and reusable.
- Can Stick to the sole and avoids slippages. Also making it compatible with all shoes.
- Eliminates pressure points.
- Can choose your area of desire to stick to.
- Instant relief from pain.
- Long life. Washable and re-usable.
- No awkward sensations or allergies form sticking it to the foot.
- No odor from regular usage.
- Targets the cause and not the callus.
- Quick relief from pain.
- Suitable for all people (runners, hikers, etc).
- Durable and long-lasting.
- No chemicals.
- No scrubbing.
- Cost effective.
- Possible slippages despite the features.
- Require snug-fitting socks to keep in place. (Dr. Frederick’s metatarsal pads)
- Some complaints of discomfort have been given.
Where can I get reviews?
You already know what we love about this product, but if you’re still on the lookout for more reviews on the product before making your purchase, definitely head over to Amazon by clicking here for Dr.frederick’s metatarsal pads or clicking here for Happyfeet ball of cushions, where you can find more than 100 customer reviews that will help you make a decision.
No matter what products you use to remove a callus that has been formed, you will not be relieved completely from the “callus attack” until you address the cause. Because as long as the cause persists it will only keep recurring in the same area.
So, in that way, as long as the forefoot is involved, the metatarsal pads do provide a good solution to negate the pressure in callus treatment where the activity causing the callus cannot be completely stopped (ex: walking or standing).
Metatarsal pads and cushions are a practical solution to address callosities and can hardly be overlooked when it provides a remedy for the cause.