The first idea to remove a callus, dead and dry skin, that formed on the feet was the use of a pumice stone, which scrapes off the dead skin from its site. The same principle has been adopted in the design of the foot rasp or foot callus file and is the most widely used nowadays.
The Colossal foot file or more specifically, in this case, a rasp is the most commonly preferred tool for the elimination of dry and dead skin and is most commonly used on the heel.
On a more general note, a rasp is nothing but a tool that removes fine amounts of material. The foot callus file here designed specifically for the skin.
What is it?
There are no sharp blades like a callus shaver or no electric motors that take the control like in an electronic file. These sand away the callus in a gentle way that can be modified according to your needs but still provides the effective results that you look for.
A grinding head is provided at the other end which is large to cover the maximum surface area in case your callus is large and you need immediate results.
The working surface is made of thick stainless steel so as to increase the durability and life of the foot file and to prevent rust formation.
How to use?
- The foot callus file can be used on dry as well as wet skin. If you prefer, soak your feet in water for 10 minutes and clean your feet.
- Run and rub the foot callus file over your callus, using light to medium pressure depending on your callus.
- If it’s your first time, be careful not to scrape too much and get carried away.
- After finishing, apply a lotion or moisturizer of your preference over it and leave.
- Clean the foot file. Do not let your foot file remain with moisture as it can reduce its life.
Points to keep in mind:
The foot callus file is known to be very effective in removing calluses. Especially the large thick notorious calluses that pose a challenge to the electronic ones. Which makes it the best-selling choice in the market.
So if you are a first time user be careful not to overdo it, getting carried away with the results. It can make your foot sore and inflamed the next day, leaving you searching for a first aid kit.
- Simple and easy: The easiest and most effective way of getting rid of those calluses fast.
- Large grinding head: If you have used an electronic callus then you will be aware of the effort that it takes to cover a larger area. But the colossal foot rasp’s large grinding head makes it easy as ever to cover large areas.
- Handle: The handle and its grip give you complete control over the maneuverability and pressure. Also providing grip while grinding those hard calluses preventing slips. The handle also comes with a hole so that it can be easily hung for drying after use.
- Convenience: The foot rasp works on both wet as well as dry skin.
- Durability: Being made of thick stainless steel the foot rasp comes with a long life.
- Portable: Its lightweight build and good quality make it the perfect choice for travel.
- NO sharp blades
- NO chemicals or gels
- May create tiny scratches in your skin.
- Easy to go overboard leaving you with a sore foot.
- Its huge size makes it difficult to access nooks and crannies.
Where can I get reviews?
You already know what we love about the COLOSSAL PEDICURE FOOT CALLUS FILE, but if you’re still on the lookout for more reviews on the product before making your purchase, definitely head over to Amazon by clicking here, where you can find more than 100 customer reviews that will help you make a decision.
Do not use on completely dry skin where there are a lot of cracks. The foot callus file may engage in the cracks and the dryness may cause it to tear your skin. Be a little gentle and do not go overboard to see the best results.
The colossal foot callus file is definitely the most purchased product out there for callus treatment. And the most preferred and popular one. It is so for a reason. Yes, you can see immediate results, which will tempt you to go overboard.
Also if you’re a person who has a large callus on the plantar surface or on the heel, by all means, go for it. However, it may not be that good of a choice for the nooks and crannies or for soft calluses.